You may have more than 5 ways to improving, becoming, building, renewing, developing, identifying, enhancing, fulfilling, and defining personal development. I want to help someone who don’t know where to start and may be looking for ways to increase their skills and qualities. Your potential is worth more than you realize. The process might take longer if you don’t progress daily.
1. Identifying Your Talents and Gifts-Do you feel you have a unique way of doing something and don’t understand why? 1 Peter 4:10 “God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another” Maybe you can reach out and talk to someone who share the same or similar gifts as you and can help.
2. Enhancing Your Lifestyle-Being mindful of your well being taking care of your health systems Emotionally, Spiritually, Mentally, and Physically. Embrace healthy living with the clear intention of increasing the length and beauty of your life wanting the best quality of life. Your “lifestyle” shouldn’t be based on income enjoy a healthy change. Philippians 3:13-14 “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus”
3. Creating Your Action Plan-Plan your goals and follow through with them. The word action itself requires to be acted on. Action is something that is active. Do not create action plans you can’t stick to. Whats the point in planning an outline if your action plan is unsuccessful? Ezra 10:4 “Get up, for it is your duty to tell us how to proceed in setting things straight. We are behind you, so be strong and take action” I encourage you to rise up, and do it. You have my support.
4. Learning New Skills-Have you wanted to try something new whether it was playing an instrument you never played, writing a song, teaching a subject, or playing a sport. Challenge yourself to doing something new to get you out your comfort zone. Exodus 35:35 “He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers. All of them are skilled workers and designers” Test your skills.
5. Improving Self Knowledge-Knowing yourself is about not stumbling blindly through life. It’s the vital first step toward achieving greater intimacy with others. Colossians 3:9-10 “Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator” Thank you for taking the time out to improve areas of your life that may need touching up. I leave you with the word “IMPROVEMENT” if the challenge is to mild nothing happens, but if it’s to much you risk injury. Improvement comes when we ask our bodies to do a little more than is comfortable.