1. Are you adding fruits and vegetables to your day as part of your healthy diet?
Whether you eat cereal for breakfast, lunch or dinner can you honestly say you add fresh fruit to your cereal.
Put down the honey buns, candy bars, little Debbie cakes, or whatever you eat for that sweet tooth craving try grabbing a fresh piece of fruit as part of your snack.
2. Haven’t had lunch yet? This is the perfect time to think about that ideal salad you been dreaming about. I know it can be a challenge to find the perfect spot that makes the best salads, so why don’t you make yours at home and use all the ingredients you don’t see in your ideal bought salad.
Have you ever thought about trying raw vegetables? I was thinking broccoli or Kale.
3. Add veggies & fruit to your dinner and desert you don’t have to eat according to someone else’s appetite meaning, because the driver stopped at McDonald’s doesn’t mean you have to get a Mc Double or the sloppiest sandwich on the menu a salad & a smoothie is just fine, even though I was driving and I was told to stop at McDonald’s I didn’t get anything. I’m scratching my head because I don’t always make good decisions but when I do I make sure I take pride in it.
Don’t blame anyone else for your poor eating habits and choices. How well do you fight temptation when it comes to something in your control? The Bible tells us “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him” James 1:12 perhaps you can memorize this scripture to overcome temptation when being put to the test. We all struggle with finding ways of disciplining ourselves.
Let this encourage you if you need a guide check out this Nutritional Guide
You took a peek to see if this aligns with your healthy lifestyle, what is she talking about, maybe you’re just being nosy, or can really use the help. Take advantage of this list and create your own smart list that can be designed for your wealth and healthy lifestyle.
1. Take Walks – You don’t have to be this fitness guru you know you can’t be. Workout at your level and start somewhere. Dance as often as you can. My excuse for being at a club would be I needed to get some cardio in.
2. Are you Hungry or just Greedy? Part of the reason why most of my money goes to food because I’m constantly eating out every day. I don’t meal prep and I buy what I want to eat at that point and time. Don’t blow your budget on junk food or spending on unnecessary snacks.
3. Community – Don’t have enough strength to eat well on your own? Look into the benefits of free community programs that offer nutrition classes or look at health programs your insurance can cover. Take advantage of all the wellness discounts and memberships.
4. Don’t Overthink – Who am I telling? I wish I knew how to turn off sometimes and relax my brain. Retreat for a better purpose.
5. Apps – Oh you just got the Nike app for discounts you don’t actually use it for workouts I completely understand. Utilize these apps if you want to go far or be more serious than others. Invest in a virtual trainer for accountability. Face your struggles they are real.
6. Health Check-Ups – You’re in good health and your doctor don’t see anything wrong with you, but nobody knows your body better than you. Be concerned.
7. What’s in your Fridge? I have absolutely nothing in my fridge or freezer. My excuse is because I live alone and I don’t have any major responsibilities or a husband to make lunch for. Ok, honestly I buy everything that makes me feel bloated and I don’t want to see it in the cabinets. I am in the process of training my mind and body to stop eating junk. I know the fries are tempting.
Think of all your favorite foods and the attitude and moods it put you in. When going out to eat with friends do you call the eating shots or do you just agree with someone else’s taste buds? Think about that. If you’re not in a restaurant with a variety of servings how fair would it be if your date wants pizza and you are craving Chinese food? Enjoy a healthy appetite spending time with people you love doesn’t mean sitting around. Get some fresh air and work up a healthy appetite for the next feast as you enjoy each other’s company. God says that you are to be the caretaker of your body.
I hope this gave you the motivation and inspiration you needed to push through and get to the next level when it comes to your health. Feel free to leave any tips you may think will benefit the list as well.